Sunday, November 15, 2009

643 Grams

Today Gizmo is calming down nicely. The bating has gone down quite a bit. He still wont jump to the perch on his own but when I put him there he sits for a good time before bating again. He has also started preening a little bit.
*
The feeding session today was pretty cool and I should have put it on video. He was real interested when I threw food to the ground and he went to get the first 2 pieces real quick. I had 30 grams cut up into a good 15 pieces. After the first two and he was standing on the ground I got onto my knees near him. I put food on the glove and he would walk to me for the food and take it from the glove followed by an instant bate away. He did eat it before taking off away but every time I put the food out and whistled he came and took it. Im thinking that he may jump to the fist earlier than thought. I spent a good hour with him on the fist and today he regained the fist on his own each time after a bate. So far I think this little guy is going to do pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment