Saturday, November 14, 2009

636 Grams

Gizmo is doing much better today. He still wants to bate and not get on the perch himself but when I pick him up and put him on it he will stay there as long as I move slow. He even rouses and puts up a foot as long as there is not much going on. The big thing is that today he finally decided to eat. With Luscian I gave a DOC for the first few days just so that the stress could wear down and he could learn that I am giving food and that I am not going to get him. I have decided to do the same thing and not worry too much about pushing him to eat, just wait till he is ready. So today he got his DOC and his first meal since I have had him. I would like to say that after the meal he went to the perch but he required that I put him there. Now that he has eaten he is calmed down quite nicely. I also had a manning session with him for an hour on the fist with No bates. I think he will calm down and do quite nicely. Ill also work on getting photos up once he is eating and we can go outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment